Delve deeper into the spiritual practice of communal singing at our second Sonia Project Weekend with artist-in-residence (and rabbi-in-residence), Rabbi Sam Blustin. We’ll lift up our voices at a musical, candle-lit Shabbat service in the round followed by dinner, gather for a joyous Rebbe’s Tish with B’nai Mitzvah families on Saturday afternoon, and end Shabbat with a Magical Havdallah for adults that you won’t want to miss! Registration is required for the Friday-night dinner, and space is limited.
Friday, February 3
- Musical Shabbat Service—6–7:15 p.m., Paradies Hall: Raise up your voice with a musical, candle-lit service in the round.
- Shabbat Dinner and Singing—7:30–9:30 p.m., Srochi Auditorium: Continue the evening with a delicious Shabbat dinner and much more singing! Registration is required for this event at $25 per adult, $15 per child (registration link above).
Saturday, February 4
- Shabbat Morning Service—9:30 a.m.–12:00 p.m., Hybrid
- Rebbe’s Tish with B’nai Mitzvah Families—12:30–1:30 p.m., Srochi Auditorium: Uncover the joys of childhood through song and study—for the whole family!
- House Concert and Havdallah—7–9:30 p.m, The Home of Ana and Ryan Posner: Take a load off at the end of a long week, as we gather for a night of music, food, and community. Please RSVP to Jackie Nix (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Thursday, February 2 for the address.
The deadline to register for the Shabbat Dinner is Friday, January 27.
About the Sonia Project
In memory of Sonia Fishkin, the Sonia Project seeks to elevate the experience of communal singing at Ahavath Achim through meaningful gathering, education, and the commissioning of new liturgical melodies. This first cycle features our own Rabbi Sam Blustin, who will lead two artist-in-residence weekends and record and perform new liturgical music throughout the year. Thank you to Andy Zangwill, the Sonia Fishkin Memorial Fund, and the Marilyn Ginsberg Eckstein Cultural Arts Program Fund for their sponsorship of this initiative.
Saturday, February 4, 2023, 9:30 am - 7:00 pm
600 Peachtree Battle Ave NW
Atlanta, GA 30327
$15.00 per child