Do the mitzvah of donating blood at Ahavath Achim Synagogue’s quarterly Blood Drive. Every day, blood donors help patients of all ages: accident and burn victims, heart surgery and organ transplant patients, and those battling cancer. In fact, every two seconds, someone in the U.S. needs blood. The American Red Cross is currently facing a severe shortage of most blood types with an emergency need of type O! For many patients in hospitals awaiting surgeries and transplants, battling cancer, or recovering from traumatic accidents, help can’t wait. More donors are needed now to ensure enough blood is on the shelves when every second matters. The health and safety of our donors is the number one priority of the synagogue, our co-sponsors, and the Red Cross. That being said, we will abide by the following CDC safety protocols:
- Blood donations will be by appointment only (no walk-ins). Schedule your appointment by clicking the button below.
- All donors and staff will be required to wear masks.
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout donation process.
- All donation chairs will be placed at least six feet apart.
- All donation chairs will be sanitized between each donation.
- On arrival, remain in your car, and text one of the following numbers to let us know you have arrived: 404.456.6171 (Gail Solomon); 404.661.3631 (Gary Alembik). Wait for a reply before entering the building.
- Your temperature will be taken before entering the building. If your temperature is over 100.4, you will be deferred.
- Please fill out your rapid pass on the morning of the Blood Drive (it must be filled out day-of). Use the zip code 30327.
- After donating, please sit for a few minutes to be sure you are okay. Packaged snacks and drinks will be available. Please no congregating or visiting at the tables.
The Quarterly Blood Drive is sponsored by Ahavath Achim Synagogue, Congregation Shearith Israel, Congregation Or VeShalom, Jewish War Veterans Post 112, and Fulton Lodge No. 216 Free and Accepted Masons.
+ More... - Less...