The Atlanta Israel Coalition in partnership with the Jewish Federation of Greater Atlanta, the Consulate General of Israel to the Southeastern U.S., and the Atlanta Jews of Color Council are pleased to bring back RE-DISCOVERING THE LAND OF ISRAEL, a series of five virtual tours of Israel with tour guide David Sussman.
Register TODAY at https://bit.ly/TourIsraelWithAIC for all 5 tours or just pick specific tours. Please share this virtual travel opportunity with your friends, family, and others who might be interested.
- 11/14/2021 Israel’s Hula Valley and the Great Bird MIgration – The Hula Valley divides the Golan Heights from the Naftali Heights and the city of Tzfat. Not only does it boast biblical archeology like Tel Dan but over five million birds pass through it every migration season. We will tour this region during the migration season to discover its national parks, biblical archeology, and of course its beautiful nature.
- 11/28/2021 Ancient Caesarea – Built over 2,000 years ago by King Herod this was the first-ever man-built port. Built to compete with Athens it could fit over a hundred ships at a time. It made Caesarea one of the most important cities along the Mediterranean shore during the Roman period. Let’s discover the magic of Caesarea.
- 12/12/2021 Masada, a fortress in the Judean Desert – One of the most popular places to visit in Israel. People from all faiths and walks of life visit this mountain even though there is no mention of it in the bible. Why? We will find out and so much more on this tour as we talk about the final moments of the great revolt and the fall of this desert fortress.
- 1/09/2022 Eilat, Israel’s port to the East – Israel’s port city to Aisa has amazing nature, modern history, innovative farming, and some great museums. Yalla, let’s head south and discover Eilat.
- 1/23/2022 Haifa, the location of Mt Carmel, the Bahai, the Druze and so much more! – Ever hear of the Bahai faith? Well, they are the world’s newest monotheistic religion. Their holy place happens to be in Israel too. Not Jerusalem but Haifa. We will meet them, their holy place, and so much more as we travel to Haifa on this tour.
Our Tour Guide
David Sussman is well known for his mastery of story-telling, charisma, and colorful personality. David came to Israel on a visit in 2001 and never left. Since then he has immersed himself in the land and culture. After David’s service in the Israeli army in a combat unit as a lone soldier and his near-death experience in the Second Lebanon War, David realized the importance of educating people about Israel. He graduated from the Archeological Seminar’s two-year course in 2009 and become a licensed tour guide from the Israel Ministry of Tourism. David has appeared on television telling his amazing survival story and has spoken to a multitude of groups including many high schools, colleges, and independent groups as well as putting together many memorable trips to Israel for 100’s of people through his website – https://davidsussmanisraeltours.com. David now lives in Jerusalem with his wife and two children.
Re-Discovering the Land of Israel virtual tours
If you missed our previous free LIVE Israel virtual tours last Hanukkah and Spring, you can enjoy the recordings which are available on our YouTube channel and are embedded in this article:
Tour the Old City of Jerusalem This Hanukkah – A Free Live Virtual Tour: Participants walk through the streets of the Old City leading up to the Kotel, or Western Wall. Virtual tourists meet local residents of the Old City and discover how they celebrate Hanukkah and watch the official Hanukkah candle-lighting ceremony at the Western Wall.
Virtual Tour of the Old City of Jerusalem – A Closer Look: Participants walk through the streets of all four quarters that make up the Old City. Virtual tourists see the sites and hear the history of the Old City.
The Biblical Heartland of Gush Etzion: This tour includes the Path of the Patriarchs, an ancient mikvah, biblical agriculture, Roman roads, and stunning landscapes.
The Holy City of Hebron: Tour the tombs of our Patriarchs and Matriarchs, the ancient stairs and city gates where Abraham purchased the cave to bury Sarah, and view 1st & 2nd Temple period ruins.
The Artist Colony of Tzfat: Let’s walk the winding ally ways of this mystical city together as we tour the city of Kabbalah. We will visit important synagogues, meet local artists, learn about Jewish mysticism from a leading Rabbi, and delve into its history both ancient and modern.
The Old and the New in Tel Aviv/Jaffa: Described as the city that never sleeps, Tel Aviv is Israel’s financial capital. Let’s discover its roots, beaches, diversity, and the place where Israel’s independence was discovered.
The Golan Heights; One of Israel’s most scenic areas. It boasts extinct volcanoes, Israel’s largest mountain, sits along the border of Israel, and has a rich Jewish history. This episode will feature Major Ya’akov Selevan who will discuss with us the political climate of the Golan Heights.
How to Support the AIC
During the pandemic, the Atlanta Israel Coalition has offered our programming through Zoom webinars at no cost to attendees. We could not do this work without the support of people like you. Thank you – and please don’t forget to make a donation in support of AIC’s work. Your DONATIONS will help the Atlanta Israel Coalition continue to provide quality educational and community programming on all aspects of Israel.
The Atlanta Israel Coalition (AIC) has been designated by the IRS as an independent tax-exempt 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization. Donors can make tax-deductible contributions as provided under federal law. The AIC has received the Guidestar 2021 Gold Seal of Transparency.
There are 6 ways you can donate and support the work of the AIC.
- When you shop @AmazonSmile, Amazon will make a donation to Atlanta Israel Coalition. https://smile.amazon.com/ch/84-2603211
- AIC is a PayPal registered charity and enrolled in the PayPal Giving Fund. 100% of your donation will reach us and support our mission. You can access the AIC PayPal Giving Fund page at https://www.paypal.com/us/fundraiser/charity/3891276.
- You can also donate thru PayPal (charity rate fees deducted from your donation) at https://paypal.me/AIC1.
- You can donate to AIC by clicking the Facebook DONATE button on https://www.facebook.com/AtlantaIsraelCoalition or creating a Facebook Fundraiser at https://www.facebook.com/fund/AtlantaIsraelCoalition/.
- You can donate to AIC through our Venmo account (@Aic-account).
- You can mail a check to: Atlanta Israel Coalition, PO Box 3902, Alpharetta, GA 30023 USA
To join the AIC email list, visit http://bit.ly/AIC-EmailSignUp or text ATLISRAEL to 22828.
Please engage with us on social media by liking and following our page:
If you have any questions or for partnership/sponsorship opportunities, please email us at AtlIsraelCo@gmail.com.
This post has been contributed by a third party. The opinions, facts and any media content are presented solely by the author, and Atlanta Jewish Connector assumes no responsibility for them. Want to add your voice to the conversation? Publish your own post here.