Don’t jump to conclusions when you see insects in your garden—many are providing free pest management! Insects, like lady beetles, lacewings, wasps, mantids, and more, are worth getting to know. In addition to reducing pest populations, many insect predators have fascinating life histories that enhance the complexity and wonder of our gardens. Fulton County Extension Agent and entomologist Gabrielle LaTora will cover common insect predators in the garden and easy ways we can conserve them.
The North Fulton Master Gardeners in collaboration with the UGA Extension in Fulton County are continuing to provide horticultural education to the North Fulton community and beyond through FREE virtual gardening education programming. This series of five classes begins Sunday, March 5, 2023, and will be available through live Zoom webinars and Facebook Live. The classes will also be available for later viewing at https://www.youtube.com/northfultonmastergardeners.
Each class emphasizes practical gardening activities at the time of year that is best suited for that activity. Please register for the Spring 2023 Gardening Lecture Series in advance at https://bit.ly/Spring2023NFMG-GardeningLectureSeries to assure your place. You may register for all five classes or just pick specific classes. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about how to join the webinar. If you cannot attend the live webinar, you can register anyway so you will receive a recorded link to the class.
Don’t miss the NFMG Spring 2023 Gardening Lecture Series, an incredible opportunity to learn more about gardening in metro Atlanta.
- A Walk in the Woods with Spring Wildflowers – Observing the Beauty of Nature, Live Zoom: Sunday, March 5 at 2:00 pm EST
- Growing Figs at Home: An Introduction to Growing Figs in the Southeast for the Home Gardener, Live Zoom: Sunday, March 12 at 2:00 pm EST
- Insect Allies: Predators and Parasitoids in the Garden, Live Zoom: Saturday, March 19 at 2:00 pm EST
- Ferns of the Southeast, Live Zoom: Sunday, March 26 at 2:00 pm EST
- Annual and Perennial Plants for Water Gardens, Live Zoom: Sunday, April 2 at 2:00 pm EST