A water garden isn’t a water garden until there are aquatic plants to show off. Whether you want floating plants, marginal plants, or bog plants, the right greenery can turn your simple water garden into an oasis of your favorite colors, textures, and scents –– and don’t forget the lulling sounds of rippling water. North Fulton Master Gardener Robin Pollack will discuss the best annuals and perennial plants to choose for your water garden and their maintenance.
The North Fulton Master Gardeners in collaboration with the UGA Extension in Fulton County are continuing to provide horticultural education to the North Fulton community and beyond through FREE virtual gardening education programming. This series of five classes begins Sunday, March 5, 2023, and will be available through live Zoom webinars and Facebook Live. The classes will also be available for later viewing at https://www.youtube.com/northfultonmastergardeners.
Each class emphasizes practical gardening activities at the time of year that is best suited for that activity. Please register for the Spring 2023 Gardening Lecture Series in advance at https://bit.ly/Spring2023NFMG-GardeningLectureSeries to assure your place. You may register for all five classes or just pick specific classes. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about how to join the webinar. If you cannot attend the live webinar, you can register anyway so you will receive a recorded link to the class.
Don’t miss the NFMG Spring 2023 Gardening Lecture Series, an incredible opportunity to learn more about gardening in metro Atlanta.
- A Walk in the Woods with Spring Wildflowers – Observing the Beauty of Nature, Live Zoom: Sunday, March 5 at 2:00 pm EST
- Growing Figs at Home: An Introduction to Growing Figs in the Southeast for the Home Gardener, Live Zoom: Sunday, March 12 at 2:00 pm EST
- Insect Allies: Predators and Parasitoids in the Garden, Live Zoom: Saturday, March 19 at 2:00 pm EST
- Ferns of the Southeast, Live Zoom: Sunday, March 26 at 2:00 pm EST
- Annual and Perennial Plants for Water Gardens, Live Zoom: Sunday, April 2 at 2:00 pm EST