When: Friday July 17th
RSVP: Register Here
Mr. Damon will guide participants as they create their own shadow puppets, focusing on the grassland ecosystem and brainstorming about other Biome elements such as plants and water sources. Participants will make mouse and lion shadow puppets, cutting out a template, provided as a PDF, with a supply list sent to those who register. Participants will make puppets come alive and move the attached sticks with hand motions, while learning concepts including biodiversity, interdependence, food webs and pollution.
Mr. Damon’s original shadow puppet shows and workshops enliven schools, libraries, and theaters across the Southeast. He is the founder of Theater Arts and Puppets, a Teaching Artist for the Georgia Council for the Arts, and the Lead Teaching Artist at the Center for Puppetry Arts
- The Lion and the Mouse PDF printed out
- 1 cereal box, or other thin cardboard, file folder, or cardstock.
- Tape (Masking and/or transparent)
- 1 sharp tack, and sharpened pencil (for poking holes)
- 2 Paper Fasteners (OR 2 pieces of string OR bread ties OR thin wire)
- 3 rods (these can be bamboo skewers, chopsticks, pencils, sticks, or straws)
- Crayons, colored pencils, construction paper, or other decorating materials
- Optional: Hole Puncher, translucent gels, Flashlight, or other light source for making shadows
* Registration closes on July 17th at 11:00 am