Free Live Art Workshop
Presented by The Breman Museum as part of our Terra Infirma Exhibition.
When: Friday July 24th
RSVP: Register Here
This workshop brings awareness to sea turtles, one of our endangered species. Sea turtles are the ultimate ecological lesson, showing that everything is connected. In this workshop, children, parents and siblings can enjoy honoring the sea turtle by creating a sea turtle sculpture using air dry clay, to create texture and design that can be incorporated into a 3D sea turtle seascape. The clay can be made at home with a simple recipe using flour, salt and water and the recipe will be part of the supply list included with registration for the workshop
Visit this site soon to RSVP.
Sea turtles demonstrate the ultimate lesson of ecology that everything is connected, but many of them are endangered.We will talk about the super hero sea turtles while honoring them by creating clay models with fun textures.
- 1 piece of cardboard for work surface
- 1 detail and scratch tool (bamboo skewer, tooth pick, sharpened pencil)
- 1 small bowl of water old toothbrush (not needed with salt/flour clay)
- a tennis shoe with textured pattern on the bottom (or an interesting texture)
- Air dry modeling clay (any brand including homemade. Homemade recipes below) * Homemade clay recipes need to be created ahead of time Cold porcelain clay recipe Cornstarch ½ cup White glue ½ cup Baby oil or vaseline take a look at this video for help.
Flour Clay recipe
- Flour 2 cups
- Salt ½ cup
- Water ¾ cup
Mix together. It will be sticky, keep mixing/kneading. It will come together. Wrap tight in plastic and keep clay in the refrigerator.
Shoshanna Rosenthal is the Education Artist in residence for Temple Sinai, Shoshanna Rosenthal develops the art curriculum, workshops and special programs. Rosenthal is the art specialist for In the City Camps and Age Well Atlanta. Rosenthal specializes in mixed media and custom sculptures with Kabbalistic and Jewish themes.+ More... - Less...
* Registration closes on July 24th at 11:00 am