For reasons that are getting hard to count, this year has been tough. But Shabbat is still about connection and joy, so this Friday we’re partnering up with Corona Crushes for a virtual Friday night experience where we can build new relationships and expand our communities. We’ll have the opportunity to meet everyone in the room and get into the spirit of Shabbat with an evening free of phones, work, and quarantine small talk. After the gathering, you’ll be able to stay in touch with whoever you had a connection with!
Here’s what’s going to happen:
- You’ll set the vibe in your space — if you have one, grab an unlit candle and some matches, maybe pour yourself a drink, then log into this intimate virtual gathering room.
- We’ll start the evening together with some intention setting, then send you into a few smaller conversations with others. We’ll give you juicy conversation starters to keep things interesting.
- You’ll meet awesome people over the hour and have some wonderful convos. Afterwards, we’ll come back together to welcome in Shabbat with ritual. We’ll say the blessings over candles, wine, and challah as you enter the rest of your evening (maybe you’ll continue to connect with some people you just met!)
To create an environment ripe for connection, we have a few rules for the evening:
1. Be Present – Only one tab open please, shut down iMessage on your computer and be present with us.
2. Take a Break from Work – You can talk about your job on every other Zoom call. You’re so much more than your job, so let’s explore that.
3. We Respect One Another – No Ghosting, be kind, treat people the way you’d like to be treated.
4. Be Generous, Be Open – We’ve curated the group for awesomeness. Give everyone the benefit of the doubt, share yourself fully, and make space for everyone.+ More... - Less...