- the Atlanta Kosher BBQ Festival at City Springs in Sandy Springs Sunday, September 8, 2019, from 11 to 3:30 pm;
- Noshfest at Temple Kol Emeth in Marietta on Sunday, September 1 and Monday, September 2, 2019, from 11 am to 5 pm; and
- “Stopping Anti-Semitism, Anti-Zionism, Hate, and Intolerance” with Elan S. Carr, the U.S. Special Envoy to Monitor and Combat Anti-Semitism, at the Atlanta Jewish Academy in Sandy Springs on Sunday, September 15, 2019, at 6 pm.
Visit the B’nai B’rith table at these community events to learn about B’nai B’rith’s history and the important work that we do, including:
- Senior housing, care for seniors, and advocacy for our aging population;
- Community action programs, including disaster relief, community service, and Tikkun Olam;
- Representation as a Non-Governmental Organization at the UN and around the world so that the rights of the Jewish people are recognized and protected;
- And, locally, important programs in the community such as the Pinch Hitter Program (providing volunteers in hospitals and assisted living facilities on Christmas), Enlighten America (essay contest for 7th to 9th graders on tolerance) and Unto Every Person There is a Name (Holocaust remembrance service at the State Capitol).
Additionally, on September 1 and September 8, we are pleased to host at our table the Atlanta Chapter of the Society of Former Special Agents of the FBI, who will be distributing, at no cost or obligation, Child ID Kits along with one-on-one instruction to help enhance our children’s safety. The Society of Former Special Agents of the FBI, established in 1937, is a fraternal educational and community-minded organization composed of former FBI Special Agents who served with Fidelity, Bravery and Integrity in defense of America. The Child ID Kits contain detailed instructions for parents to collect a DNA sample with a swab, and an ink pad and fingerprint card for fingerprinting, all of which the parents retain.
Learn more about our special 175th-anniversary membership offer. To learn more about B’nai B’rith in Atlanta, visit https://www.atlantajewishconnector.com/organization/bnai-brith-achim-gate-city/ or contact Harry Lutz at firstname.lastname@example.org or 678-485-8179.
This post has been contributed by a third party. The opinions, facts and any media content are presented solely by the author, and Atlanta Jewish Connector assumes no responsibility for them. Want to add your voice to the conversation? Publish your own post here.