Friday and Saturday, April 13 – 14: A Shabbat experience not to be missed! We are thrilled to welcome Joey Weisenberg, one of the recognized experts in getting people to fully participate in Shabbat services. Through the generosity of Marilyn Ginsberg Eckstein, in memory of her beloved husband, Sam (z”l), we have the opportunity to learn more and delve deeper into our spiritual lives through music.
Join us for any and/or all of these amazing offerings as we welcome Mr. Weisenberg to our congregation and raise our voices together. Don’t miss it:
Friday, April 13
- 6:30 pm – Kabbalat Shabbat, led by Joey Weisenberg
Saturday, April 14
- 11:00 am – D’var Torah from Joey Weisenberg about the Architecture of Listening, exploring the interaction between physical space and spiritual music.
- 11:15 am – Musaf Davening led by Joey Weisenberg: traditional Nusach with soulful nigunim (melodies).
- 12:45 pm – Post Kiddush Beit Midrash – The Torah of Music: Drawing from Joey’s 2017 National Jewish Award-winning book The Torah of Music, participants will explore and be inspired by spiritual teachings of music by studying various Jewish musical-spiritual texts and stories. We will sing, too. Where there is song there is prayer – תפלה תהא שם רנה במקום (Brachot 6a).
- 7:00 pm – Mincha, Seudah Shlishet (third Meal) / Ma’ariv / Havdallah: Delight in taking “slow leave” of Shabbat with songs, words of Torah, and light dinner. We will conclude Shabbat with a musical Havdallah experience.
To learn more about this amazing weekend OR to share your thoughts about how we can create more song and deepen our prayer experience at AA, please contact Rabbi Laurence Rosenthal at email@example.com or 404.355.5222.+ More... - Less...
Until Saturday, April 14, 2018 at 8:00 pm
600 Peachtree Battle Avenue, NW
Atlanta, GA 30327