The WIN® Write Incredibly Now® sensory handwriting teaches handwriting with 4 shapes and by learning those 4 shapes and learning how to put them together, the children learn the whole alphabet!! It is NOT a letter by letter program as most of the other handwriting programs are but a sensory space visualization motor competency program with games and crafts.
The POP® Personal Options and Preferences ® sensory social skills utilizes the skills of pediatric yoga (self-regulation), music therapy (listening skills, organization, memory, etc.) ART with a trained artist ( composition, following directions, task initiation, processing, etc.) and Occupational Therapy for sensory perceptual integration. We use OT, Music Therapy, ART Therapy and a pediatric YOGA instructor
It is NOT so much a “how to make friends “ class as it is a how to self regulate and be friends with yourself—taking criticisms learning from mistakes being unafraid to make choices AND personal space and learning from and with peers.
Your child will be exposed to techniques for learning how to:
• Transition from one task to another
• Tolerate more than one sensory stimuli
• Motor plan
• Organize self
• Divide tasks into “doable” parts
• Decrease frustration in challenging situations
• Tolerate unfamiliar situations
• Co-operate with peers in task demand situations
• Increase endurance
• Increase problem solving abilities~~~~The group is highly staffed so that children get a lot of attention and at the same time are monitored to be independent with GOOD choices.
I hope I have answered most of your questions. ALL registrations MUST be done through PACE Academy.
CALL BETH SINGLETON AT PACE ACADEMY TO REGISTER OR GO TO THEIR WEBSITE www.paceacademy.org 404-262-1345 and ask to be connected to the Summer Camp Program Director
Keep in mind that we also offer 1-1 sessions, screenings and evaluations throughout the summer and advocacy for families needing IEP and 504 assistance.~~~Please go to my website www.childrens-services.com for more information.+ More... - Less...
* Registration closes on July 9th at 12:00 am
966 West Paces Ferry Rd NW
Atlanta, GA 30327