Pour your favorite drink of choice, put on your silliest costume, and sit back in your favorite chair as Purim comes live to you in your living room. Services will feature the AAbsolute band setting your favorite tunes to the liturgy, a spirited megillah reading and commentary sure to make the words pop off the screen, and late-night breakouts for adults only to gather and have some fun as a community.
- 6:30 pm – Services
- 7:00 pm – Megillah Reading
- 7:45 – 8:45 pm – Break-Out Rooms
- (choose from one of the following one-hour sessions)
(1) “Hiding and Revealing Ourselves… Personally and Collectively” Text study led by Rabbi Neil Sandler
(2) Purim Emotions Through Art Join our very own congregational artists, Stephanie Jacobs and Flora Rosefsky, for an artist workshop exploring emotions through art. Flora and Stephanie will take us through an exploration of the many emotions of the Purim story, translating our sacred words into art. Both painting and paper cutting art projects will be explored so choose your ’emotional’ medium and prepared to express yourself. No artistic experience or ability required, just a desire to learn and explore. Don’t forget to bring a glass of your favorite Purim libation! Click here for the shopping list of supplies.
(3) Mixology with Mordecai In addition to confronting evil ministers and sitting by the gate of the city all day, did you know Mordecai was a Shushan renowned mixologist? Raise your spirits with some Purim inspired mixes in this tasty mixology class. Click here for the shopping list of supplies.
(4) Standing Up for Your Beliefs (For Grades 6+) Learn how Queens Vashti and Esther set the stage for us to stand up for equality and what you can do today to stand up for your beliefs.+ More... - Less...